Monday, December 31, 2012

Supp thugsss with snapbacks ;) - Email 12.31.12

What's going on everyone?! Merry late christmas!! Hope you all had some time to think about your savior and to serve someone in need!! Sorry I haven't been able to email or write you guys, I straight up have had zero time to do anything but preach the word guhfran!! :) (preach it gurlllllll)

So these past weeks, where do I begin? So much has happened. Miracles left and right and I feel so close to my Heavenly Father and His Spirit. He has blessed me in so many ways I can't even begin to comprehend. So this week we had a bunch of people yell at us...I got to talk to my family for the first time in 4 months...i weighed myself for the first time in 4 months (not too shabby for a missionary)...we were condemned to hell by an 80 year old woman...i got proposed to...we tried to teach a woman who apparently had alzheimers and we didn't know it until it was too late haha....and so much more!! Oh and I got a new companion...he's hot, write him. Sike. Love him to death, his name is Elder Byrd and we are excited for this transfer. So many good times out here where there is a reason its called a "tooth"brush and not a "teeth"brush.

I want to take some time to tell you about how much a appreciate the Holy Spirit in my life. Before my mission I knew what the spirit was and kinda what it felt like but I took it for granted. The gift of the Holy Ghost is the right to have the companionship of the third member of the God head at all times and in all places...and I never wrapped my head around this blessing until I started to truly seek it. Now I know that it is the greatest blessing in my life and it is the only way we can be successful as mortal human beings and return to our Heavenly Father's presence again.

I also want to explain to you all how much I love the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon if we "prayerfully read it" will do at least three things for us.
1. It will bring the Holy Spirit into our hearts in a more added measure
2. It will strengthen our resolutions to be obedient to the commandments of God
3. It will strengthen our testimony that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of the world and that He lives.
The Book of Mormon has an amazing way to simply teach the doctrine of Christ and His atonement and it will bring us nearer to our God. I know it as deeply and as firm as I know Liverpool to be the greatest football club in the world. :) sikeeee. But honestly, the Book of Mormon has an amazing power about it that I can't explain, all I know is that it does have the power to change lives because it testifies of Jesus Christ. Let it change you and don't worry about what other people will think. Ultimately you will have to stand before your creator and account to Him. Will He be proud of you?

Which leads me to my next point. As members of the church, if you are reading this...when you were baptized, you took upon yourself the name of Jesus Christ and promised to become more like Him. You promised to represent Him well. What an honor and what a privilege. What a sacred covenant that we have made with Him. My next question to you is, are you ashamed that you took upon His name? Do you live like you are ashamed of it, or do you honor it and share it with the world? Think about it. Is Heavenly Father "well pleased" with you, like He is when he introduces His son? "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased". My point is to seek out the approval of your Father in Heaven and then you will not need to worry about anything else. You will gain confidence, happiness and peace as you strive to do so. I promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ myself.

Well I love you guys!! I love my God, and I love my Savior and I love the Holy Ghost. I want you to all know that I firmly believe that all things are possible unto God if we have faith in Him. If we have faith in Him, "we shall have power to do whatsoever is expedient in Him". That's a promise from God.

Keep it real wherever you're reppin and always remember..."Return to your Father in Heaven with Honor"

#celestialkingdomgangordie
Love always,

Elder Dallin Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment