Monday, December 10, 2012

Roasted Round 2 - Email 11.10.12

YO!

This week was full of excitement!! The thrill of hanging over a toilet and puking your brains out!! EXHILARATING!! :) lawl. Okay but in all seriousness, I got sick this week on wednesday and just straight puked off 10 pounds, its whatever. Whatever keeps the weight off right?! ;) Sike. Well to top it all off Elder Jacobson is going home soon :( poor kid, we're gonna miss him, but he worked hard and now he must find a wife, haha and if you are reading this right now Elder Jacobson, remember our bet ;) 6 months. 

This week has flown by. It seems like all weeks fly by. It seems like every transfer goes by a little faster each time, it sounds cliche, but I can't really explain it any other way. It really has been so great. This past week we kept getting dropped hard by different people we are teaching. Something that I have had to ponder about and just accept is that people really have the ability to choose, life or death, eternal happiness or eternal misery. We all have the gift of agency and sometimes it frustrates us as missionaries, but most of the time, it is such a great gift that God has all given us. To choose, what a simple concept. 

I have learned so many things this week. Here's one thing that I am learning...  

There are so many people in the world today. We are surrounded by friends and families but also by people who we have never met in this life. The cool thing is, before this life, we all knew each other. We all loved each other. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father who wants the absolute best for us. Unfortunately, but mostly fortunately, He had to test us so that we could grow, He had to see if we would exercise faith in Him and be obedient to the way He wanted us to live to show if if we truly loved Him or not. Thankfully He has given us many tools to have faith in Him. He has given us prophets, scriptures, miracles, prayers to name a few. Most importantly, He gave His Only Begotten in the flesh. However, like i said earlier, we are given agency, and so there is "opposition in all things". 

Heavenly Father allows for Satan to work on us, to tempt us because He knows that the only way to grow and become better is to be tested. However, satan is so subtle and so sly in everything he does. He opposes us in many ways. One of those ways is he distracts us. All he has to do is to distract us from our ultimate goal. He does that in many ways. I won't name them all, but seriously ask yourself, how has satan distracted you, because he has. He has distracted us all whether we want to admit it or not. I invite you to repent and turn back to God and self check yourself, it will only make you happier and who doesn't want that :)? 

He also lies to us. He makes us feel comfortable. 2 Nephi 28 it talks about how satan lulls us into carnal securities. He makes us feel safe, or comfortable where we are. DON'T give in!! Here's what I am talking about. There are so many people in the world today who say "I am just trying to find my own path" or "I believe that there are many ways one can get to heaven, all religions are good and if we are good people, we will all go back to heaven" "I am comfortable where I am". Wrong. It's a lie. There is ONLY one way and the gateway is "strait" and the pathway is "narrow" (Matthew 6). Do not sell yourself short by thinking that there are many ways. That is deceiving, because truth is truth and light is light. There is no gray. There is truth and then there are lies. I encourage you all to seek truth. Don't sit back and be lulled into all these carnal securities that we have in this day and age. There is only one "truth and light" of the world and that is Jesus Christ. He has given us commandments that we must follow and He has given us the way in which we are to obey these commandments. Why then are people so okay with so many different denominations when there is only one way? Christ tells us that when He comes again, there will be "one fold". All I am saying is that we must seek the truth through prayer and scripture study. Do not be decieved by satan who will try and tell you that "all is well". If you truly BELIEVE in Christ, you will do EVERYTHING in your power to follow Him exactly how He has asked us "for straight is the gate and narrow is the path which leads to eternal life". Don't get too comfortable. :)

Well I love you all and want you to know that OKlahoma City is amazing and so are the people. :) I am so blessed to be out here assisting the Lord in His work to "gather His sheep". I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is once again restored upon this earth and that Christ leads it Himself through prophets and apostles in these latter days. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible to be the word of God because I have recieved a confirmation of such through the Holy Ghost as I prayed and sought truth. I leave my testimony and witness to all of you, hoping that you will always remember that I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives. I love Him and knows He cares for us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Write me!! dallin.cutler@myldsmail.net (include your address and i will write you a letter) love yall!!


Elder Dallin Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment