Monday, November 11, 2013

What I have learned from Stillwater


So this weekend I found out that I am getting transferred out of Stillwater 1st ward. I was so bummed but I am excited for a new area and new companion of course. We have so many good things going on in Stillwater. We have a baptism this weekend, and then a couple of other families that we have been working with recently that are simply amazing families. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life that I have learned so much then here in Stillwater. Elder White and Elder Reese have taught me so much. This ward has taught me so much. All the people I thought I was teaching were in fact teaching me something the whole time. Here are a few things I jotted down in my journal that the Lord has taught me through my experiences in Stillwater. 

-Humility is the fertile soil that is absolutely necessary for spiritual growth and development. Faith cannot exceed that of your own personal righteousness. Humility is absolutely requisite to have faith, hope and charity which "bringeth forth the fountain of all righteousness". 

-Charity/Love never faileth. The most powerful, motivating, inspiring and ennobling force is love. God is love. The atonement is love. Christ is the embodiment of love. Ours is the duty to be a vessel in which Christ's pure love can be reflected. 

-We can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink. That's God's part. We can aid in that part by using the Spirit to help others feel the underlying love of the Atonement but ultimately we can only control ourselves.

- Patience is the Heavenly virtue....(and i want it now)...and is so necessary in becoming like Christ.

-Fasting and prayer are two of the most powerful things we can do. Miracles are born from sincere fasting and prayer. 

-Remembrance is key in all we do. In recieving revelation, staying focused, driven, and happy. When we forget God...we "perish"...when we remember Him, to keep His commandments, we may always have His spirit to be with us. We must do something everyday to "remember" God. 

These 6 things have been emphasized this past 6 months. I have come to know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is becoming like Him and developing His attributes. I have loved every painfully humbling experience I have encountered in Stillwater. It will always be a sacred place for me. I have met some people that I know I will never lose contact with. For that I am grateful.

I will be heading off to Shawnee, OK on wednesday. Elder Moore will be my new companion and Elder Lowe will be in my Zone so I am stoked!! :) It is a "poorer" area than what I have been used to my whole mission but I am really excited. When I got the call, I knew it was an answer to prayer in a way. All I want to do is develop greater love, and I know this is Heavenly Fathers way of answering it because I have served with Elder Moore before and he is one of the most loving and humble missionary's I have ever met. I am really excited. 

Well, I gotta get going. I love you all!! Hope you're happy, cause aint nobody got time for sadness ;) 

Love,

Elder Cutler

p.s this is the buchanan family. legit family. Can't wait til crystal gets baptized. shes ready :) i hope she reads this :)

the nelson family. dopeee

This is Brother and Sister Hansen. He is such a spiritual guy, he was our ward mission leader. Love him alot. His dad is the temple president. 


Stephanie gets baptized this saturday after 6 months of teaching her. One of the first people we found my first week here. 


hands in the air, nobody even care. #CRESCENT (only a few will know the hashtag. Secret combos)


this is my desk and my "stickie wall". I know...pretty awesome :)

I kissed a girl and I liked it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment