Monday, April 8, 2013

Crazy week. - 4.8.13

So this week was literally the greatest. I used to take for granted the fact that we all get to listen to modern day apostles and prophets twice a year. It is such an amazing blessing. The spirit that radiates from these amazing leaders is so strong. I learned so much from this weekend and I am filled with gratitude for the knowledge I have of this restored gospel and the happiness that it brings me. 

I took notes on all of the talks and saw a common theme in alot of the talks. A lot was said about missionary work and a lot was said about obedience. I loved the obedience part because I have gained a true testimony and love for the principle of obedience. Obedience is the key to unlocking all the blessings that lie in store for us from our Father in Heaven. He is waiting to bless us, but He can only do so if we are obedient. I love how the whole mission of Jesus Christ was "to do the will of the Father". His whole mission was to exemplify obedience and love for His Father in heaven. We are to do the same. If Jesus Christ was able to perform the Atonement and experience pain unimaginable for us, then why can we not just do the little things that we are asked to do? If its so small "it doesn't matter" then just do it. We have quite alot of these talks with missionaries out here who think a rule is just stupid or doesn't matter. Our response is always, "if it doesn't matter that much anyways, do it". Christ did it and so can we, and he even promises that if we depend on Him that we will strengthen us to be obedient. He will strengthen our desire and then in turn will bless us for our humble submissiveness. Man I love obedience. It is one of the greatest ways to show our love for the Lord and His Son. I promise you all (and this is coming a long way from someone who hated obedience) that if you will just submit your will to the Fathers will and do the little things He asks us, YOU WILL be happier and you will be strengthened spiritually and physically. I see it every single day. 

This week, we found 10 new investigators from knocking doors. Me and elder McMillan have really made it a point to look for opportunities to serve and to talk to everyone, even if it completely makes us look a fool. We aren't out here to look pretty ;). We have seen multiple miracles this week. Unfortunately I got some bad news on friday that shocked us all. We all thought that I was going to stay and take over this area and Elder Mcmillan was going to leave because He has been here for 3 transfers, but President called me on Friday morning and told me that I was leaving for Yukon, Oklahoma in the OKC North Zone. Me and Elder Salmon will be the Zone Leaders. I am pretty excited to be with Elder Salmon because he is a soccer player as well. He knows Watkins and Sackett from BYU too. I have talked to him a couple of times. I was pretty sad that I am leaving. I have LOVED working with these Elders. This has been the most exciting/funny transfer I have had thus far. Being in the same apartment as 4 elders is bad most days, but other days, soooo great. :)

The Lord has really taught me alot about relying on Him completely and looking to Him for approval and confidence. I really liked what was said in conference about approval from the Lord. He said that the greatest indicator of the Lords approval is the companionship of the Holy Ghost. When we feel the Holy Ghost work through us and comfort us, we can know for a surety that the Lord is pleased with us and the path we are on. I find that so comforting. As we continue to humble ourselves and acknowledge our weaknesses, He will make us strong in Him. What a great honor. We are all weak, but with the Lord, we are strong. 

I want to take time to bear my testimony once again of a loving Savior and Heavenly Father. They TRULY love us. We cannot begin to comprehend the perfect love that they have for us. They will NEVER let us down. I cannot begin to describe the peace and teh joy that comes from this knowledge. As we look forward with an eye of hope to eternal life through the atonement of Christ, every trial we go through will seem a little more insignificant in the grand scheme of the promised blessings and potential we all have to become like our Heavenly Father. Romans 8:18 says "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us". So true. And it is only in and through the Atonement of Christ. He is real and so is God. 

I love you all!! Can't believe I turn 20 in a month... what the heck?

Here's a pic of the district #hugginWhileThuggin

Elder Cutler


No comments:

Post a Comment