Monday, June 30, 2014

Pictures for the last stretch

So anyways, this will be a short email but as you can see from the pictures, we're having a great time out here. The work of salvation is hastening and it is the most rewarding cause I have ever been apart of. Even when it sometimes gets hard to stay focused because I am leaving so soon, the Lord ALWAYS gives me the extra strength I need to keep pushing harder.
 
It has been easy for God to teach me new things during this time because of how mentally, spiritually and emotionally drained I feel. In other words, I am completely "broken" after each day because of how demanding the work is. I have learned great lessons about the nature of God. I have learned for myself recently that God is not just an "eternal perspective God" where someday in the future we will reach Him and go home and feel His love. He is a"day by day" God. He has been my God "day by day" throughout my mission. Day by day I have felt His love and His strength. I can feel at home with Him or AT-ONE with Him day by day.
 
I remember first coming out and looking ahead to the future, two years in advance, and feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. Sometimes we feel that way in our daily lives because of how far away eternal life or perfection seems. We look ahead towards our goals and begin to realize how inadequate we are today and how weak and small we may feel today. We may feel that only when we reach "our goal" can we find peace, strength, hope and 'rest'. I have learned for myself that is not completely true. We can have peace, hope and rest today. He will give us the strength we need to endure day by day. Most of the time "enduring to the end" can seem so overbearing and overwhelming because of how much further we have to go. Sometimes enduring to the end is simply being able to endure well to the end of each day. We can take it one day at a time and God will help us one day at a time until eventually, someday (as in the case of my mission) we look up and realize that we have 3 weeks left of "our missions" and that He has shaped us to become someone we never thought we could become. I am a living witness that God is with us each day of our "missions". He is there to let us feel His love today. We can feel His peace and rest today. We can find the strength we need through the Atonement to endure to the end of today. He is a personal Savior and He has been and will continue to be my personal Savior.
 
I hope you all are happy because there is so much to be grateful for. Go out and do good today!
 
Much love.
 
Elder Dallin Cutler

These are my crazy companeros. Freakin love these dudes.


this is our ward mission leader. he was baptized 4 years ago. he's a baller. love him.


"planning prayers"


one more of the baptism.


this is the baptism we had for lizzi this past Saturday. Super spiritual baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment