Monday, June 2, 2014

"He will direct your paths..."


This week was a great learning experience. It has taught me numerous lessons about God's nature and how He answers our prayers and reveals things to us. I think if I could boil it down to one principle it is that God reveals "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there a little...." (Isaiah 28:10).
 
I'll be short today, but at the start of the week, I would have never guessed that I would be in the situation I am in now. I can't believe all that has changed so quickly and how involved God is in our lives. I won't go into details but to keep the story short, I will be returning to BYU this year to play soccer instead of the University of San Diego. I don't know all the reasons why and frankly I don't have to. I think that God has given me this experience so that I can understand a little better how the people we are teaching feel. Decision making is difficult because decisions determine destiny. It is so important to make decisions with the help of our Heavenly Father because He sees the end from the beginning and we don't. Our perspective is so limited but God's is limitless. I have a stronger testimony today than I did yesterday that when we strive to make righteous decisions in our lives no matter the cost, life works together for our good. Romans 8:28teaches us this principle.... "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to HIS PURPOSE" If we make decisions out of love and a desire to be obedient to our Heavenly Father, all things will work together for good.
 
Alot of great things are happening out here in Midwest City. We have another baptism this weekend for an 18 year old girl. She is the only member in her family and she has an extremely cool conversion story that I will share with you all some other time. We have known her for about 7-8 months I want to say. She has had a long road to take to baptism, but her faith got her where she is today. Her experience has taught me the importance of having a personal line of communication with our Heavenly Father. All that she is today is a result of her personal relationship with her Heavenly Father. She prays, she dilligently strives to be obedient, and she gets answers. Funny how it works out that way.
 
I am nearing the end of my mission but I feel as if we have never worked harder. I have never felt more focused or at home than I do right now. I made a promise to myself in the MTC that I would return with honor, and that is what I have intended and still intend to do to the very end of my life. I am grateful for a compassionate and loving Savior who understands my weaknesses and forgives me nonetheless. He is the way. There is none other.
 
Elder Dallin Cutler

 Here are a few pics from the OKC!!




2 comments: