Monday, June 23, 2014

I am so grateful.


This past week was nuts. We double booked everyday with appointments and went on splits every single day to cover more ground. It was so dope. Time is flying by and its a bittersweet feeling.
 
We will be having a baptism this weekend for a girl named Lizzy. She is 20 years old and has the cutest one year old boy I have ever met in my life. We met her about a month ago and she has some amazing faith. It has been so fun to watch her countenance change over such a short period of time as she has prayed and read the Book of Mormon. It is such a cool experience to watch other people connect with God and receive revelation for their own life. God is so active in our lives on a day to day basis.  It will be such a sweet experience to watch her make this covenant with God this Saturday. I am so excited for her.
 
I don't have a lot of time but I want to share a quote that has become real in my life throughout the course of my mission.
"The condition of our soul limits the impact, not amount, of God's love in our lives."
I know this to be 100% true. As our soul becomes more refined through repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the love of God becomes a more active force to impact and influence our lives. It is always there, but it is activated as a more powerful influence through faith in Jesus Christ and repentance through His Atonement. This has been happening in my life.
 
I have to go to a doctors appointment for my companion. Sorry it had to be short. Love you all.
 
Elder Dallin Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment