Monday, April 28, 2014

One more full transfer....#corn

I can't believe how fast this past transfer went with the Elder Gardner. This past transfer was a freakin' ball. I have never laughed so much on my mission. Last night we were just reminiscing on the transfer and we realized that I only have one more full transfer of the mission. We got transfer calls yesterday morning found out that we will be staying together for another transfer in Midwest City. I am so pumped to be able to finish off my mission in this ward. There are so many good things starting to happen here. 

This past week sped by. We had a baptism for Stephanie Dalrymple. We have been visiting their family since I got here to Midwest City. They moved from Utah recently and they are the coolest family. Bro. Dalrymple is basically the epitome of Bear Grylls. Anyways, Sister Dalrymple and the other daughter Adriana decided they weren't quite yet ready this weekend to be baptized, so we'll keep on keepin on :). I really love the family and it was really cool to watch the baptism on Saturday. It was a really spiritual experience. 

I don't have a lot of time, but something that has been pressing on my mind a lot lately is having a relationship with God our Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It has amazed me that everything I have learned up to this point on my mission and in my life boils down into importance of knowing God and His Son. In my relationship with God, I have learned the importance of having relationships with God's children. These relationships with His children enable us to live like Christ lived because they give us the opportunities to serve as Christ served, to love as Christ loved and to forgive as Christ forgave. We can always be a little kinder, be a little more compassionate, be a little more patient and love a little deeper when we are serving God's children. We are to bring others to Christ, by being like Christ and in so doing we will someday find ourselves in the presence of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. We can't be like Him, if we don't know Him and we can't know Him unless we know His children. Today, go find Christ, by finding "the one"….

I love you all. I have an increase of joy in my heart. My happiness in life seems to come and go with the ups and downs I face in life, but the "joy of the Son" (Alma 32:23) is constantly increasing as I am beginning to realize who I am and Whose I am. I love Him. My love for Him and what He did for me grows as I get to know Him. I have joy in Him.

Elder Dallin Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment