Monday, April 21, 2014

How do you know Him?

This week has been crazy. Remember how I told you we switched gears recently and started working with the members more closely? That has been going really well. It is bringing forth fruits already. We had some crazy miracles happen and one of the biggest is that we will be having 3 unexpected baptisms this weekend. On top of the 3 dates we set for this weekend, we set 7 more with different people and one with a baptist pastor. "The field is white, already to harvest." My testimony of prayer and fasting has grown each time we do it. So that is just a low down on what has happened the past week. 

Had a cool experience with a missionary out here while I was on exchanges this weekend and we talked about the WHY of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It seems to me that a lot of what is happening today in society is that "believing in Christ" is just the popular thing to do sometimes. I know for me, before my mission many of the reasons why I went to church were just because of social pressure and environment. I believed it was the right thing to do because I was taught that my whole life. I knew of Christ and of His gospel, but I didn't know Christ or His Gospel. These are two completely different things. If there is one thing that I treasure above anything else in the world that I have gained on my mission, it is my relationship with God our Father and His Son Jesus Christ. To be spiritually self reliant through a relationship with Christ is to feel secure in an ever changing and unpredictable world. Knowing of Him and about Him is not going to cut it anymore in these days. We must know Him. John 10:27 has taught me a lot about coming to know Him. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" 
How can we get to know His voice if we do not have the Holy Spirit in our lives? How can we follow Jesus unless we are willing to keep the commandments of the Father? How can we be known by Him because "Not every one that saith unto me 'Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven."(Matt. 7:21)?

If there was anything that I could offer after these two years of service, it is my simple testimony that coming to know The Master requires real, personal experiences with Him. Those experiences come naturally as we interact with His children the way that He did while He was on the earth for we know that "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me". Get lost in this great cause and go rescue the "one" and there you will also find Jesus Christ.

I love you all. Take care.


Elder Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment