Monday, October 21, 2013

"A man of sorrows, acquainted with grief"



I have been reading Isaiah a lot the last couple of weeks. I love that description of the Savior. It has taught me a lot about His atonement and my relationship with Him. How do we come to know a "man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief" without expecting to feel sorrow, pain and grief ourselves. That is the beauty about life. The gospel of Jesus Christ is becoming like Christ. Through challenges and trials we are molded and changed as we truly rely on Him. That happens only when we come to know who He is. There is so much power in "knowing" (conocer) Christ.
So that's what Heavenly Father has been teaching me lately. It has been a common theme. He always points my weaknesses out, but does it in an inspiring and ennobling way that lifts me and encourages me to do better and to become. The people I have met in Stillwater have taught me so much and I will never forget the experiences I have had here.
We had the opportunity to go to the temple with a woman that me and Elder Byrd taught in edmond awhile back. She was trying to get back into gear with church and she went to the temple for the first time this week. It was a blessing to see her in the temple.
We have had a million of experiences out here that are so miraculous. I wish I could put them on my blog and spend alot of time telling you about them, but I don't have the time and I prefer to not have alot of them publicly on the internet. There is one that was pretty cool though that I can tell :) We have been teaching a lady named Stephanie for a really long time. We found her a week after I had go to Stillwater. Ever since then we have been teaching her about the Book of Mormon. At the beginning she was really confused with religion...no joke. Well over time she always had a lot o questions for us about anti-mormon material that people were always giving her. Finally this week she showed up to a lesson with an anti-mormon book that she checked out from the library and decided to read. We told her that she could read it if she wanted but that it would only bring her down. Well the next day we saw her in the library and she told us she had put all the books back. We asked why...She said "I was praying last night about Joseph Smith being a prophet and a really really warm feeling came across me, then a voice came into my head telling me to put all the books back and to read the Book of Mormon and I would know it was true. The voice told me that I was over complicating things and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple." It was amazing to see God take control of something we cannot control and inspire her. She is making huge steps and you can see physical and spiritual changes in her. She wants to be baptized but we are waiting.
Anyways, lots of things have happened. Its getting cold here. I cant believe its almost the end of October. Ridiculous. Talk to you in a month :)
love you guys!!
Elder Cutler

i dont have pics... my camera broke along time ago and I was using elder whites and now hes gone sorry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment