Monday, February 11, 2013

another week, another story - Email 2.11.13

I had an awesome week this week. What's not to love? It's all about us...I mean love. :) Unfortunately, there are alot of people out there that don't have love for the mormon missionaries. We got chewed out a bunch out here and got called very colorful names this week and stuff thrown at us. We got called names, we were threatened, and screamed at! :) #classic #ItWasOppositeDayOnThoseDays You know what though, I love them...and we must all "be of good cheer" because even if the whole world is against you, Christ overcame the world. What an awesome feeling.

This week was really cool. We had alot happen and there was one instance I will share with you all that's really quick. The Lord works in mysterious ways through His spirit. At one point this week we pulled up to this guys house who we had been teaching. Well right next to his house we are teaching his neighbor and we had an appointment with his neighbor that night. Well they all pulled up at the same exact time as we did. I just yelled out "hey, we still good for tonight man?" he said they were and we continued up to the house we were originally going to. Well after the appointment we drove off in the opposite direction. All of a sudden I got a strange feeling to go back to the same house and talk to the neighbor of the guy we had jsut left....the one I had said "hey" to. I will be honest, I didn't want to because it would have been really weird and awkward. Well the feeling persisted so I just obeyed it and went all the way back to this guys house. I had no idea what I was going to say. So I just said, i had a feeling to come back and say a prayer with you before our appointment tonight. He looked at me like I was crazy of course and said a prayer with us. We walked away and I still had a feeling that we were where we were supposed to be. All of a sudden, a house popped into my head. We drove down the street to the house and got out. As we got out of the car, his garage opened and he walked out. We talked to him for quite some time and asked us to come back. I knew right then why the spirit had prompted me to go back. It was all on the Lords timing, and even though I looked stupid for 30 seconds, we were where we needed to be. Lesson for me: Courageously follow the promptings of the spirit even if it doesn't make sense to you, it does to the Lord. 

There is so much going on in this area. So many good things and so many miracles. I wish I could tell you all about them!! I have no timeeee!! :( I will say this though... I am sick of brand names, titles, denominations, etc. Why do we all contend and fight over who is right and who is wrong. The fact of the matter is that there is only one name under Heaven "whereby all mankind can be saved" and that is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the light and the truth. He is the way. Open up your minds and realize that there is truth everywhere around us and that we need to constantly seek for light and truth. I have been to a few churches out here in Oklahoma and it has really opened my eyes to the truth that surrounds us each day. That is the beauty of the Gospel of Jesus Christ thought!! Its not about what church you belong to, its about whether or not you belong to Jesus Christ's "truth". Its been crazy to me to introduce the Book of Mormon to some christian and they will tell us that they wont even read it, because they are comfortable. Well let me tell you all that truth is truth and someday Christ will come again and we will be held accountable for our actions. If the Book of Mormon is true, then Christ has restored His "truth" once again in its most pure and full form. Why wouldn't a true christian want to know if that was true or not? It all comes down to this principle to me. People are comfortable. They don't think they need more. Well that reminds me of a scripture in 2 Nephi 28:21....And others will he apacify, and lull them away into carnal bsecurity, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the cdevil dcheateththeir souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell. Be careful to get comfrotable. Constantly seek truth and light and remmeber this quote!! There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone. Keep on trucking.

Love you all!!

Elder Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment