Monday, February 4, 2013

Una otra semana - 2.4.13


Que pasa!
 
This week was really quite the learning experience. As most have you have already heard, there was a Sister in our mission that was killed while riding her bike home. We got the call Saturday morning and I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. It went completely silent. That day, and as we have continued to ponder about the incident, my gratitude for the gospel and the plan of slavation that God has given us has grown exponentially. I sat there thinking about how fast that happened and how quickly life can be given or taken away. It really put life into perspective for me  "for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity" (Alma 34:33). This life is the time to prepare to meet God. To learn, to progress, to serve and to love others. For this day of life is given to us to prepare for eternity. What an amazing scripture. It really makes you think about what truly is important in this life and what we can probably focus more on...and that is our Savior and His gospel. "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy" (2Nephi 2:25). Everything God has given us, everything He has done for us is for our benefit "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation"(2 Nephi 26:24). All He asks us to do is to remember Him and keep His commandments. I have really gained an appreciation of knowing that this life is only a particle of what eternity is. I know that as we follow the the perfect example of our Savior Jesus Christ, we will gain peace and happiness in this life, and a knowledge that in the life to come, we can be together forever "in a state of never-ending happiness". How comforting to know that Jesus Christ in His atonement made this possible for all of us. He lives. He loves us. He wants us to be happy. He will "not leave you comfortless, (He) will come to you". What an amazing feeling. :)
 
This week has brought many miracles. I can promise you all that everytime we exercise faith in Jesus Christ, it allows for the spirit and miracles to enter into our lives. I see it every day and everytime I decide to open my mouth and talk to someone I don't know. Miracles do happen. God is a God of miralces and will only work according to our faith. It's a process...
 
I want you all to know that I love you. I really do care about you all. I want you to know that I have never been happier in my life and there's a reason for that. The more I strive to be like my Savior, the happier I get. Search for truth and you will find it just like I find it every single day. I want you all to know that this life is only a time to learn and that there is much more to this life than "money" "cars" "girlfriends/boyfriends" "sports" and yes, "soccer". All these things are good, but if they are getting in the way of our relationships with our families, the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and God, then we need to change and reconsider. :)
 
Oklahoma is the bomb.com...check it check it outtttt!! Keep on trucking!!
 
#eternalLifeOrDie
 
Love (yall) you all,
 
 
Elder Dallin Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment