Monday, February 25, 2013

Blog Email - 2.25.13

This week was pretty crazy! We are seeing miracles happen is the Guthrie and Edmond area. I really have come to gain a testimony of the principle of obedience+dilligence+faith=miracles. God really is in charge, we don't have to worry about a thing if we are doing our best to please Him and do what is right. We have had some crazy weather this past week though. Right now as I type, it is pouring rain and we are supposed to be cooped up in our apartment the next couple of days because apparently there is supposed to be a terrible blizzard. We are supposed to get like 12 inches of snow which is bad for Oklahoma I guess. Everything shuts down if there is even a little bit of snow on the streets. It sucks for missionaries because we have to stay in and you go stir crazy!! 

So I am just countin' down the days until next wednesday. I am going to be sad to leave Edmond and especially this Edmond 3rd ward. I really love these people. They are family and we have had so many good times together. It has been such a blessing to serve around them because they have taught me so much about "becoming examples of believers". Unfortunately though, my time has come!! Gotta see the rest of Oklahoma!! I find out where I am going this Sunday night. 

Something that I really enjoyed studying about this week is the fact that we have a loving God. He loves us and His love is very personalized and individual. There was a certain verse that I read in 3 Nephi that struck me and made me ponder of this love that He has. In 3 Nephi 17:21-22 I love what it says about Jesus Christ coming to the Nephites and taking their children one by one.

 And when he had said these words, he wept and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them

And when he had done this he wept again;
One by one is so important. He took them one by one. He wept. He felt emotion for us. He is real! Like us! He loves us and He wants to take us one by one and bless us individually with what we need whether that be comfort, love, or strength. It is very individual. Although God and Jesus Christ are all powerful and omnipresent, they are also very personal and loving and sometimes we seem to forget that. Christ atoned for us so that He would know "how to succor us" (Alma 7:11-13). He knows exactly what it takes to comfort us and to make us feel loved and He will take us one by one if we trust Him and put our faith in Him. :) How comforting. It brings me back to the Hymn "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully He offers me, I tremble to know that for me He was crucified, but for me a sinner He suffered He bled and died, oh it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me." I know that He loves us all and He is willing to comfort us and strengthen us "one by one". Have faith! :)
I love you guys. Don't be scared to write me just because I am a missionary now. I know its pretty intimidating...but its alright, you'll be fine. ;) Take care and remember this quote. "You can only exercise faith in something that is true. To truly exercise faith, truth must be known". Think about it. 

Love you all!! Keep on lovin!

Elder Dallin Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment