Monday, January 7, 2013

Email number billion - Email 1.7.13

What's going on my children!!

This week has been like a whirlwind man!! It's unbelievable how fast time has gone. I know I say this every week but really...its ridiculous. Me and Elder Byrd are halfway done with the transfer and it already feels like we've been brothas for a lifetime!! He is the man...he is my man!! We have had a very successful transfer so far (success is measured by commitment to the Lord and how hard you work) ie, we have worked harder than ever before. We literally are out from 11am to 9:30pm every day teaching and walking and knocking on doors and talking to people. I have never been more tired in my life and it is the most rewarding feeling ever. We have seen our eyes open to the "multitude of tender mercies" that the Lord has bestowed upon us. Miracles happen on a regular basis, its our job to recognize them :)

So first of all, if you have never heard of Kari Jobe...you are missing out my friends. Her voice is angelic and I am in love. She is the only one who has unlocked my heart while on a mission....sikeeee. Heart is still locked for two years!! But really, look her up!! So good :)

Back to business. This week I have learned so much but I want to tell you about some experiences I have been having and some things that I have learned. Never have I felt so strongly that God is in control of every little aspect of our lives and then some. When I "repent" everyday, and like we are commanded to, it puts life into perspective a little more. We are able to take a look at our lives and find ways to re-commit to aligning our will in a more perfect way to the Lord's will for us. Think about it this way, re-penitent. We are commanded to re commit to be a little more penitent every day, a little more humble, a little harder working...which all comes down to one thing. Are we living in a way where our will is completely aligned with God's? There are certain ways that we can make sure of this but one thing is prayer.

I have learned alot of about prayer this week and I wont give you all the details but I will ask you this question in hopes of invoking some thoughts of your own. If God already knows the thoughts and desires of our hearts and knows what we need better than we do...why do we pray? If God already is willing to grant us those blessings that He already knows we need, how do we know what to ask for so that our will can be the will of God's? My simple answer to you is that prayer is an act of humility that shows our Heavenly Father that we
1. Love Him
2. Depend on Him
3. Are grateful for His hand in our life
Prayer is such a deep yet simple concept, it is a way to communicate directly with divinity and a Father in heaven who has created us and all things. What a blessing! What a tool! Its amazing!! Use it!! :) I encourage you all to think a little bit more about prayer and to study a little more in depth what it truly means to pray because as I have studied it all week, I have realized some pretty amazing things. Read Romans 8 and the Bible Dictionary definition of Prayer to get you started :) Once we establish and come to realize a little more everyday the kind of relationship we have and can have with our Father in Heaven, prayer will become a natural instinct on our part, the children.

I also want to challenge you all to do something, not for me, but for your own happiness (crazy right?). Instead of kneeling down and always asking Heavenly Father for blessings upon you and others, take some time to simply pray one time a day and do nothing except express your gratitude. You will see a change in the way you think about yourself, God and others and life in general and you will be happier if you do that everyday. The last thing I want to cahllenge yall to do is to simply pray that your eyes will be opened to the many miracles and the tender mercies that the Lord shows forth everyday. I can promise you that He will open your eyes and you will begin to see things as you have never before seen them. You will begin to realize who God is, how He works, and how much He truly loves His children. Of that I can testify because I see it in my own life a little more each day. We are so blessed and our Father in Heaven loves us individually. He is all knowing and all powerful!! Trust Him and get to know Him, He wants you to. :)

Well anyways guys, Oklahoma is the bomb.com. Edmond 3rd is the greatest ever and I couldn't be more blessed to be here right now. Be good and rep CTR whenever you can!! :) Also, yall are slacking on the letter writing, cmon now...I'm not that scary or weird yet!! :)

ALSO! I am moving this weekend January 11 to a new apartment so the Kickingbird address is now VOID so send everything to the mission home until I can get a new address out! :)

Love you guys!!

Elder Dallin Cutler

#eternalLifeOrNothing #swag

No comments:

Post a Comment